This Is How You Transfer Data From iPhone To iPhone
You’ve got the newest iPhone. Or maybe you just upgraded your old model with a refurbished or used one. Great! In both cases chances are you’re pretty excited to use your new device. We know. We’ve been there. But you also want to use your new iPhone with the same apps and without the loss of your precious photos and videos. Don’t worry, because you can easily transfer data from iPhone to iPhone yourself. This is how.
How to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone in 5 easy steps
Follow these steps to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone:
- First, you’ll need both your phones enabled. Keep both devices next to each other while turning on your new device.
- Select your language and country.
- A pop up will appear on your new device. You’ll need to scan it with your current iPhone.
- Enter your passcode to set up Touch ID or Face ID on your new phone.
- Now you can select your preferred method of transferring data or just hit ‘Continue’ to start transferring data from your previous device to your new device.
What happens next?
Next up, the phones establish a wireless connection and you’ll be asked whether you want to transfer your Apple Pay, Siri and Apple Watch settings and data to your new device. Choose whatever floats your boat and start the configuration. Now all the data will be transferred and all your apps will be downloaded from the App Store. When it’s done, you can use your new device just like your old one - without logging in with all your apps all over.
Things to keep in mind
Setting up your new iPhone turns out quite easy. However, there are some things to keep in mind when you want to transfer data from iPhone to iPhone using the above method:
- Transferring the data might take a while. Be sure to have full batteries on both devices or plug your charger in.
- You can’t use your phones during the configuration, so you might want to choose a convenient time to transfer your data from iPhone to iPhone.
- You’ll have to keep both devices next to each other the whole time to ensure a smooth transfer.
- During the configuration apps are downloaded from the App Store which requires an active internet connection.
- Note that this method requires at least iOS 12.4 to work so be sure to check the operating system on older iPhones like the iPhone 7 or iPhone 8.
Need some help configuring your new iPhone? Or do you first need a new iPhone to actually transfer your data? Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or check out our affordable used iPhones.